Be Your Own Boss with a Mum's the Word Franchise!
To Enquire About a Franchise
Run Your Own Nanny Recruitment Business From Home
Mum’s The Word nanny and domestic staff agency are delighted to offer affordable business opportunities working from home around your family life.
Established since 1999, we have built a successful and sound model to work from. As a home based business there will be low overheads.
* Gloucestershire, Warwickshire, Bucks, Berks & Surrey have all recently been SOLD.
*Sussex, up and running with a minimal amount of candidates and clients to get started.
* South Wales up and running and now looking for someone to promote and build in this area.
*New branches available to be launched are Cambridgeshire, Northamptonshire.
*Kent is a very well established branch and has regular clients and candidates with a fantastic reputation.
This will be a full time business to manage immediately.
*Hampshire is up and running, with a bank of nannies and previous clients. The new franchisee will inherit all of the data.
It can be managed part time, until running at full steam. This will be a great opportunity for someone who wants to build up their own business.
- Ideally you will be confident with computer skills
- Excellent telephone & customer skills
- Have recruitment/childcare/management/admin skills
- Access to PC & internet, photocopier & telephone
- Friendly and warm personality.
What you get with your recruitment franchise
- Ongoing tailored support and advice, by phone, email, Skype, one to one or group sessions
- Private franchisee Facebook group, for ongoing support
- system work manual
- 500 business cards
- Use of logo
- Use of Mum’s The Word website and exclusive job page
- Use of CRM system
- Affordable starting price from £3,500 to £10,000 per County (pending how established a branch is) with a 5-year licence
Why Buying a Franchise is the SMART Way to Start Your Own Business
Starting a new business is really exciting! But starting completely from nothing is really hard work. The vast majority of us are not properly trained in all the things you need to be an expert in when we start out in business. That means LOTS of mistakes, long hours, lost opportunities and wasted money. I mean LOTS…
So investing in a franchise is really the smart way to build your business! Why? Because you have so many advantages:
- You’re not starting from a standstill – the brand is already well-known and has a strong track record that YOU can take advantage of because it means you start with momentum.
- You’re never alone! We’ve been there and done it, we’ve made the mistakes and learned things the hard way so that you don’t have to. The result is tried and tested, PROVEN systems that work, provided to you with support from us.
- You don’t have to panic about legalities that you don’t know: commercial law, recruitment law, employment law, company law, tax law… It can all be so confusing! But we already have that covered – either the systems are in place with us nationally or we can advise you on what you need to do (and NOT do).
- It’s a much lower risk way of starting a business. We’ve proved that the business model works, that it makes money and that the market is there just waiting for you. Just follow the system, listen to what we know works for the other regional franchises and you remove the guesswork of “Will anyone buy the service I’m selling?”
- You’ve already knocked out one of your biggest competitors. Well that’d be us… because we’re on your team!
- It’s not just us either! You’re part of a family now – a network of other people, just like you, who have been where you are and are now successfully running their own franchises of Mum’s the Word Nanny Agency.
- That network of people who understand and are available to support you is so invaluable. Who else do you turn to when you’re not sure what to do next or when you want to know whether a new marketing method will work for you? People who understand your business inside out are on hand when you need them, but not interfering when you don’t!
Want to Know More?
In 2017 I was working 3 days a week as a Nanny Housekeeper when I started thinking about running my own Nanny Agency. I looked into starting a new independent agency but was concerned about being ‘on my own’ with it and not having an ongoing support network around me for help and advice. I then came across Mum’s the Word and noticed that there wasn’t a Kent branch yet, so I got in contact with Emma at Head Office and that’s how it all began!I bought the Kent franchise in April 2017 and put my all into building the branch which was extremely exciting! With determination, commitment and consistency, in under a year I was able to leave my Nanny Housekeeper role to concentrate full time on my flourishing business.Just under 3 and a half years later, the Kent branch is now a very well established branch with a large book of clients and candidates, heaps of great reviews and is still going strong with regular placements.I love being able to work from home on a successful business and I’ve met some amazing people along the way! The ongoing support from Head Office and the other branch managers is invaluable; I’m so glad that I bought a Mum’s the Word franchise and didn’t decide to ‘go it alone’
What a journey!
After working in the Childcare profession for the past 16 years, Nannying for 10 of those years and then becoming a Mum to my wonderful daughter who is now 22 months, I wanted to do something different…. Still within the Childcare profession but with a different reward and challenge, and still be a Mum to my little girl. Aka ‘MumBoss’! So I began looking into Nanny and Childcare Agencies, franchisee opportunities and what they had to offer.I came across Mum’s the Word (MTW), a Nanny and Domestic Help agency in Oxford, owned by Emma, with franchise agencies based all over the UK. The brand name stood out for me!! Quirky, modern and to the point! I enquired with Emma, and found out the Essex branch was available!! 🙂 I just felt it was meant to be!After lots of conversation and meeting with Emma, Emma was happy for me to join Mum’s the Word team and I bought into Mum’s the Word, running the Essex branch as the new Essex franchisee.Emma is on hand, and because she’s been doing this since 1999, is totally amazing with the experience she has to offer and suggestions to us all. It’s really great to have that support so early on. Two months in and I am really enjoying the challenge. I had hoped to place a couple of placements with no real expectations but I have exceeded my goal already. For me, communication is Key- with Emma and MTW franchise team, client families, candidate Nannies and my friend Social Media! I can’t wait to see what the following months ahead bring.